October 7 | 10:30 am – 12:30 pm CDT
As nationwide awareness grows over the connection between indoor air quality and extreme weather, the Kansas City region is feeling the heat due to its aging building stock. Luckily, there are code manuals to guide prudent action — roadmaps for new construction and adapting existing buildings.
Join Metropolitan Energy Center (MEC), KCMO Councilwoman Andrea Bough, The Builders’ Association, and a panel of buildings experts on Thursday, October 7 at 10:30 am CDT as we discuss best building practices, the International Energy Conservation Code, and what can be done to clean up the interior air of our buildings. The event will be relevant to codes departments, policymakers, builders, contractors, and anyone who is motivated to create a brighter, cleaner, & healthier future for all.
During the first half of the event, we will hear from our guest speakers. Following their presentations, Councilwoman Bough will facilitate an engaging Q&A session with our panel of experts.
Speakers & panelists:
- Gabriel Okafor, Alpha Energy & Electric
- Magali Rojas, Heartland Conservation Alliance
- Tim Ryan, International Association of Buildings Officials
- Sharla Riead, Hathmore Technologies, LLC.
- Christopher Perry, American Council for an Energy Efficiency Economy
- Ashley Sadowski, Building Energy Exchange KC
- Rayan Allenbrand, Children’s Mercy Hospital
Visit the Speakers & Panelists page to learn more about our experts!