GHG Target: Net Zero by 2050
Net Zero by 2050
By 2050, the Kansas City region will have a net zero carbon economy.
How will we meet our target?
- De-carbonizing the electric power grid.
- Transitioning to electric vehicles, mode shift and sustainable development.
- Optimizing the energy performance and health of buildings and homes.
- Diverting food and landscaping waste from the landfill.
- Sequestering carbon in the soil through green infrastructure conservation and restoration.
For a detailed look at meeting our target, explore the nine action sections.