We challenge you to travel low-carbon to and from the Summit by walking, biking, using public transit or carpooling.
Enter to win a prize! For those kicking carbon to the curb for the summit, enter to win a very cool prize basket by visiting the MARC Environmental Programs table at the Climate Summit Expo on April 9th.
Below are helpful resources to help you plan your trip and travel safely!
Join BikeWalkKC’s mobile workshop traveling to the Summit or form your own group ride
- Join BikeWalkKC’s mobility workshop (group ride) which starts at Indian Creek Trail and ends at Johnson County Community College. Find details here.
- MARC Regional Trails and Bikeways map – Find PDF and online maps of official designated bikeways and safety tips.
- BikeWalkKC bike education videos – Learn basic biking tips and bike safety.
- Google maps for bike directions
- Bike rack locations at JCCC
Bus options – There will be four routes operating on April 9 that will serve the JCCC campus.
- Transit App https://transitapp.com/ – Download the Transit app for all regional bus route schedules. There is no fare to ride the bus.
- Video: Learn how to use the Transit App
- Find transit maps and schedules:
Microtransit (Johnson County) – This flexible transit option is available within certain areas of Johnson County on April 9.
- Rider Guide
- See service map and schedule
- TransLoc App – Download the TransLoc app to schedule and pay for your trip. Each trip costs $1.50.
- RideshareKC – Create an account to find a carpool buddy near you to share a ride to the summit. Look for summit details under ‘events’ in your dashboard. Contact RideshareKC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 842-RIDE, for assistance.
Need assistance planning your trip to the summit? Let us help you plan your low-carbon trip. RideKC, MARC, and BikeWalkKC can help you identify the best transportation option to lower your carbon impact. Contact RideshareKC at email@example.com or (816) 842-RIDE, for assistance.