November 17th 6-7:30pm | CleanAirNow and the Union of Concerned Scientists
Join CleanAirNow and the Union of Concerned Scientists, a national science-based advocacy organization, for a virtual discussion on the threats of multiple environmental health hazards and the solutions underway to achieve environmental health for those most burdened and for all Kansas Citians.
CleanAirNow will officially release our report “Environmental Racism in the Heartland: Fighting for Equity and Health in Kansas City” in English and Spanish this week. Hear from experts who contributed to the report and who are doing the work of protecting Kansas City’s people, land, air, and water. You’ll also hear from a federal official in the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Environmental Justice about their work at the federal level.
English & Spanish interpretation and translation available.
The speakers include:
• Matthew Tejada – Director, Office of Environmental Justice, Environmental Protection Agency
• Atenas Mena – Director CleanAirNow
• Beto Lugo Martinez – Executive Director, CleanAirNow
• Casey Kalman – Researcher, Union of Concerned Scientists
• Ana Ramos – Outreach Coordinator, CleanAirNow
• Magali Rojas – Nature Action Crew Leader, Heartland Conservation Alliance
• Dr. Elizabeth Friedman, MD, MPH – Physician and Medical Director of Environmental Health, Children’s Mercy Hospital; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Missouri-Kansas City